Thursday, September 13, 2012

Route 21

I like to watch people's expressions when I tell them I ride the bus.  Some people feel sorry for me.  A few admire my green commitment.  Others are just puzzled.  I can't say that I blame them.  I still haven't quite figured out myself why I ride to work via Route 21.  

I think people project on to me whatever their feelings about riding the bus are.  If they feel sorry for the poor stiffs on public transportation then they feel sorry for me.  If they lean toward hipster, and secretly wish they lived a greener existence, then they feel a little admiration.  If they can't possibly fathom why a person in my demographic would share a ride then they're bewildered.

Ask yourself what emotion would flash across your face if I told you I rode the bus.  Now ask yourself what I would see if I told you about my faith.  Would I see pity, bewilderment, or admiration.  Consider doing something new today, and challenge yourself to leave yourself open to whatever lesson might be learned along the way. 

I'll see you on Route 21. 

No comments:

Post a Comment