Saturday, September 15, 2012

It's a Rollover not a Flyover

How do you get your Skinny Cows home before they melt if you ride the bus to the HEB?   What if you could only buy what you could carry?   How do you send your kid outside to play, when outside is really sketchy?

Most of us here in "flyover" country get a little put out when those on the coasts think that the whole country is like New York or LA.  How can they possibly relate to the cares and concerns of those of us here in the middle?  There's truth to it.  We do lead different lives. 

When I drive to work my car taxis me the short distance from my home through my neighborhood, jets me onto the expressway, lands me at my exit near downtown, and taxis me down the access road to my workplace. The whole trip takes around 25 minutes.  A little longer on the flight home. Along the way I listen to what I choose, and have the temperature and the seat set to my liking. It's my own little bubble keeping me in my world from doorstep to doorstep.

I realized something after a few trips on Route 21.  A rollover is no different than a flyover, and there wasn't much difference between me and that guy in New York or LA.  Do something different today.  Really look at the people and places that make up your community.

I'll see you on Route 21.

No comments:

Post a Comment