Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Is There a Hipster Vaccine?



I saw something today not often seen on Route 21.  A young, black, male hipster.  Most young men you encounter on The Route have to hold on to the overhead bar with one hand, and their pants with the other.
 
Not this guy.  He had skinny jeans, old school Pumas, and an acoustic guitar with no cover slung over his shoulder.  He sat across from me in that area up front with the seats that face each other.  He put his ear buds in, closed his eyes and started strumming and singing to himself.  I could have taken pictures and he wouldn't have known; wrapped as he was in his ultra-cool cocoon.

I settled in for some prime observation, excited that I wouldn't have to hide it, then Bam!  Dude full on sneezed a big wet achoo all over me.  He never opened his eyes.  His hands never left his guitar.  The thought of covering his mouth never entered his awesomely cool mind.  I sat stunned, like the girl in Jurassic park that gets snotted on by the vegisaurus.

Dazed, I gathered my things and moved to the back of the bus.  Hipster isn't contagious it it?  So why the sudden urge to buy a fedora?

See you on Route 21.

No comments:

Post a Comment